I am pleased to announce yet another 30 year milestone anniversary with WithumSmith+Brown has been reached today… congratulations to Tony Chapman, CPA.CITP!
I first met Tony that year at our then annual St Patrick’s Day party. He’s been an integral part of our firm ever since.
Tony is a partner based in the Princeton office and is one of our firm’s leading audit specialists. He is the SOC Services Practice Leader, having extensive expertise and experience in service audits under SSAE 16 and AICPA Trust Service Principles and criteria. As one of 28 AICPA-approved SOC 1 specialists and 24 SOC 2 specialists in the country, Tony concentrates his practice in the areas of service organizations which provides outsourced services to numerous industries including technology, financial services, telecommunications, healthcare, data management and other third-party administrators. A graduate of the Lubin School of Business of Pace University, Tony joined WithumSmith+Brown on March 25, 1985 and became a Partner in 1994.
To commemorate the occasion, we asked the Princeton office partners to finish the following sentence: “When I think of Tony Chapman, I immediately think of .” Here’s what they had to say:
- COFFEE!!!! When I think of Tony I think of WAY TOO MUCH COFFEE!!!!!
- Golf carts in streams.
- Ivan Brown and Len Smith covered in mud from said golf cart in stream.
- Paddleboards and photos of Tony in a bathing suit on said paddleboard.
- His annual “turning over of a new leaf.”
- Tony is never at a loss for words on any subject! And his comments and knowledge bring a room to life when he walks in.
- “Inspector Gadget” since he is often on the forefront of obtaining the latest mobile device or new tech gizmo.
- Daily commentary on apparel… what comment will he come up with on my outfit or my jewelry?
- Outlandish and outrageous athletic endeavors, particularly Stand Up Paddle boarding (and NOTHING related to a ball or a team).
- Cars, Cars, and more Cars… and dangerous Turnpike drives.
- Enthusiastic (overbearing? nah) unstoppable energy.
- Total dedication to his clients and their needs.
- His contagious smile and laugh.
- Windsurfing in gale force winds, or was he just talking….
As you can see, Tony is well known for his high energy and spirited personality. .. and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Please join me in congratulating Tony on 30 years of service!