- Jim Bourke, Partner and Technology Services Practice Leader, presented three speaking sessions at the AICPA Practitioners Symposium and Tech+ Conference June 6-8 on the topics of Cloud Computing and other accounting technology hot trends. He was also streamed live from the Tech+ conference floor, sharing insights and experiences going on at that moment. Very cool!
- Tony Nitti, Tax Partner and Forbes.com columnist, also presented a session at AICPA Tech+ Conference on June 10 with a tax update, and also presented at the NYSSCPA “Tax Planning for Individuals” conference on July 8 on “Net Investment Income Tax/Affordable Care Act.” Well done!
- The NYC office hosted Withum client Industrial Technology Assistance Corporation (ITAC)’s “Planning for Successful Transitions and Growth: A Symposium for Closely- Held Manufacturers” on June 16. Al LaRosa, Partner and E&T Services Niche member, joined in on the panel presentation, discussing how to avoid common estate and tax planning mistakes and other topics related to succession planning. Nice job, Al!
- Withum was well represented by the Financial Services niche team at the June 15-16 Private Investment Fund Tax Master Class presented by Financial Research associates, LLC:
- Tony Tuths, Partner and Financial Services Practice Co-Leader, served as chair and emcee of the event. He also co-presented on the topic of “Hedge Fund Tax and Regulatory Update: Evaluating and Implementing Recent Developments.”
- Additionally, Financial Services Partner Robert Schachter presented “Manager Compensation: Trends and Strategies in Structuring Compensation.”
- And Boston’s Financial Services Partner Steve Yardumian presented “State Nexus, Sourcing Rules and other SALT Issues Affecting Hedge Funds.”
Great thought leadership, FS team!
- Tony Tuths was also quoted in the recent article ” News Analysis: Securities Trading Safe Harbor Going Before Tax Court” published by TaxAnalysts on July 8. Excellent!
- Frank Boutillette, Partner and Financial Services Practice Co-Leader, shared in the excitement of the ringing the opening bell ceremony at the NYSE with Withum audit client PureFunds Cyber Security ETF (HACK), who recently reached the billion dollar plateau and is one of the fastest growing Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) in the market. This is exciting news as the Financial Services niche grows its list of registered investment companies. Congrats, Frank and the rest of the FS team!