Earlier this year, we announced our formalized “Secondment Program” – international temporary work assignments arranged between WithumSmith+Brown and HLB International member firms. For professionals who would like to experience working and living in another country, Withum and HLB member firms offer eligible candidates the opportunity to participate in an International Secondment Program (ISP) – an exchange program which offers the experience of opportunities around the world while retaining the security of your staff position home. Secondments are typically for 90 days, but depending upon preference and availability, may last longer.
The Program is designed to:
- Provide participants with the opportunity to develop their professional and personal skills in an international environment;
- Create the opportunity to exchange knowledge and skills among HLB member firms;
- Improve the quality and consistency of service delivery among HLB member firms;
- Enhance participants’ awareness of multinational clients, enabling them to serve clients better upon return.
To qualify for consideration, you must be a Senior Accountant or above, and a staff member who is in good standing. All applications are subject to PIC approval.
To apply, submit letter of interest and a current resume to Debbie Lee-Ho, Human Resources. Here’s a snapshot of what’s been happening with the program since it began:
- Alexander King was just here in our New York office from Mann Judd located in Sydney, Australia. He was with us from mid-February until April 30th.
- Betina Thane has joined the Morristown office from July 5th until October 31st from Bierholm in Denmark.
- Lonnie Bloom from our Princeton office is joining Mann Judd in Perth, Australia from July until end of October.
- Andrei Adams from the NY office is joining Mann Judd in Sydney, Australia from July until end of October.
- Dan Richardson just came back from Mann Judd located in Sydney. He was there from July until September 2014.
So exciting! We will be happy to coordinate applications with our HLB affiliates; however their acceptance of candidates will be their decision and final.
I am very excited about this program and the wonderful opportunities and experiences it brings for our staff.